Peppermint truffles are the ultimate after-dinner treat! If we’re being really honest though, anytime of the day suits us just fine for one of these.
We’re huge fans of chocolate and there’s usually a bar of dark chocolate floating around us if we’re working at the weekend.
Don’t get us wrong we love being naughty (cookies and brownies) but one of the reasons we love dark chocolate truffles is because even though it’s dessert, all the rich creamy goodness is doing more than just sitting our bellies. Chocolate is good for you and all that!
These peppermint truffles are perfect for Christmas, as a gift or treat for loved ones (or yourself) and as a quick and easy bite-sized dessert to serve at holiday parties!
- One bar of Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate (or 100g of dark chocolate)
- 6tbsp coconut milk
- 1tsp peppermint essence
- 1tbsp xylitol (optional)
- Cacao to roll in
- Melt your chocolate in bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (bain marie). Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has melted set it aside. Stir in the coconut milk, peppermint essence and xylitol if using.
- Put truffle mixture in the fridge to firm up, it will need a couple of hours.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Once the mixture has set a little and can be moulded, working quickly roll out a bite-sized ball. Set them on the parchment paper and repeat until all the truffle mixture has been used up.
- Put the truffles back in the fridge.
- After about half an hour you can take the truffles out and roll them in cacao powder. You can store them in the fridge for several days and take them out ten minutes before serving!