It wouldn’t be THANKSGIVING without the trimmings and these roasted roots are a recipe to try out regardless!
One of our favourite ways to bring out flavours in vegetables is by roasting them with some onions or leeks. We’re making the most of this season with roasted roots, Brussels sprouts, carrots, baby potatoes and red onion.
We absolutely cannot help ourselves from already dreaming of the trimmings, because let’s be real, it’s all about the trimmings! You can bet that these roasted roots will be at our tables for all the upcoming festivities!
- (Serves 4-6)
- 10 baby potatoes, cut in halves
- 12 Brussels sprouts, cut in halves
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 3 carrots, cut in half lengthways and then into pieces
- 1/4 cup of sunflower oil
- Sea salt to season with
- 1tbsp dried herbs
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the vegetables with sunflower oil, sea salt and dried herbs.
- Roast for forty-five minutes.
- Once the vegetables are done, let them sit for about five minutes before tossing with maple syrup and serving.